Villages and Vintages: Cruising the Douro River Valley on MS Andorinha
Discover the bohemian heart of the city that gave Port-wine its name... sample its treasures in the wine caves of Vila Nova de Gaia... sail deep into the mountain landscapes of Portuguese wine country to find wine estates, lush vineyards, idyllic riverside villages, baroque castles, hilltop medieval ruins, and rock art from the valley's earliest inhabitants... Our new eight-day riverboat cruise on ...
Custom-designed by our long-time partner Scylla to accommodate no more than 84 guests within an innovative deck plan featuring 12 300-sq. ft. Tauck Suites and 20 225-sq. ft. cabins, this brand-new 80-meter (263-foot) riverboat was specifically built for cruising amidst the historic quintas and picturesque villages along Portugal’s golden Douro River.
- Open seating in main dining room, The Compass Rose; flexible dining times; vegetarian meals always available
- Alternate dining venue, Arthur's, offering classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- American breakfast room service available in Category 5 Tauck Suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun